Monday, December 25, 2017

A Printmaking Nativity Tale

Sending holiday wishes to everyone this season. I hope your time with family and friends and sharing time with the occasional stranger proves fruitful and creates happy memories. Instead of my usual story or historical article about printmaking, this year I just wanted to post some excellent prints about the birth of Christ and the nativity. As you will see there are many artists who have made images on the subject. You will notice I am posting some prints that are much older than the usual timeline I write about. I thought it would be a nice diversion to show some works by older printmakers this round.

At this time of year we all can all spend a little time away from the office, or studio and spend some time with those people that mean something to us. I wish everyone a blessed holiday, and will see you in the new year!















No comments:

Post a Comment